Please familiarize yourself with the following information. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask one of our team members.
- Please be aware that the parent bringing the child to our office is legally responsible for payment of all charges. We cannot send statements to other persons.
- We accept cash, personal checks, MasterCard or VISA. We are also a participating CareCredit provider.
- Payment: For the convenience of our patients with dental insurance, your estimated patient portion will be collected at the time of service. We will do our best to provide accurate estimates for co-pays, but please understand that our estimated benefits are not a guarantee of payment from the insurance company and may vary from actual payment received. We will send in all insurance claims and the insurance will send their payments directly to our practice. You will be billed for any balance after the insurance plan pays on the claim. You will have 30 days once you receive a statement from our office to remit any remaining balance. For our self-pay patients, payment is expected in full for each appointment as services are rendered.
- Emergency Treatment - all emergency treatment must be paid in full at the time the service is rendered.
- Dental Insurance - there is no direct relationship between our office and your insurance company. The type of plan chosen by you and/or your employer determines your insurance benefits. As such, we have no say in the selection of your insurance company, no control over the terms of your contract, the methods of reimbursement or the determination of your insurance benefits.
- Pre-treatment Authorization: Some insurance companies recommend an estimate of the work to be done and the fees to be charged before determining their benefits to you. If so, we will provide you with the pre-treatment fee estimate. In this case, it will be up to you to determine if you wish to proceed with treatment before the insurance benefit is determined.
- Appliances: The cost of the appliance must be paid on the day your child's impressions are taken. This is necessary because our office must pay the lab bills when appliances are ordered, not when they are completed.
- We recognize that under unusual circumstances an account balance may be incurred. Asheville Pediatric Dentistry requires that all outstanding balances be paid in full within thirty (30) days unless other arrangements have been made. Also note, if we have not received payment or you have not contacted us within thirty (30) days, further action may be taken with a collection agency or with Small Claims Court. We reserve the right to apply an interest rate of eighteen percent (18%) APR from the date of service. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
Your understanding and cooperation are greatly appreciated! You are helping to keep our overhead expenses down and your fees as low as possible.